Unit : The "Ram"
Year : 1813
Model : A.D. Richmond Hydraulics Co. rotary hand pump,coffee grinder style
Darby Fire Company purchased "The Ram" for $225.00 in 1833 from a engine re-seller in Philadelphia ,the engine was built for "The Star Fire Company" it was painted red with yellow and white pinstripes and gold stars on all panels. ".VOLUNTEER" the Motto of the Star Fire Company were painted on the pump mounts on both sides.
The Ram was the first fire engine in Delaware County and was requested to several areas to fight fires by means of manpower, pulling it to these areas in all kinds of weather. On arrival a bucket brigade would fill the reservoir with water and the brakemen would operate the pump.